This website is still under construction.
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean country known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and year-round sunshine. Whether you’re looking for a secluded spot to relax or a lively beach town to party, the Dominican Republic has something for everyone. Here are some of the top beaches in the country:
1. Aqua Esmeralda: Aqua Esmeralda is a beautiful beach located in Dominicus. On arrival you enter Aqua Esmeralda Beach Club which offers luxury amenities like lounge beach beds, fresh water showers, towels, modern bathrooms and a top quality beachfront restaurant with the most spectacular sunset views. The price to enter is 2000 DOP (around 35 USD) per person which is discounted from your restaurant bill. There is limited space available so make a reservation in advance (+1) 849-917-6443. Have a look at the beachfront properties available at Aqua Esmeralda.
2. Playa Bavaro: This is the most popular beach in Punta Cana and is regarded as one of the best in the world. The beach offers pristine blue waters, endless rows of palm trees and soft white sand. The beach is located in a sheltered bay which ensures calm, warm water.
3. Dominicus Public Beach: This is a quieter and less-crowded alternative to Punta Cana, located on the southern coast of the country. Dominicus public beach is the only blue-flag beach in the area. This beach is perfect for swimming and relaxing.
4. Macao Beach: Macao Beach is located in the Punta Cana area and is a favorite for water sport enthusiasts. It is specifically popular among surfers as it is one of the only places on the southeast coast where there are surfable waves. Macao Beach is often uncrowded and has a few local restaurants perfect for a typical Dominican lunch. See the Macao Villas and Townhouses for sale here.
5. Bayahibe Public Beach: Bayahibe is a small and peaceful village located on the southern coast, known for its beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling and diving opportunities. Bayahibe Public Beach is perfect for swimming, snorkeling and relaxing. The beach and village also have a great selection of seafood restaurants and are popular among families and couples.
6. Juanillo Beach: Unquestionably one of Punta Cana's top beaches, Juanillo Beach is located in the region of Cap Cana. The beach offers luxury amenities like beach lounge chairs and a great restaurant. Its size and calm waters make it a must-see beach when visiting the Punta Cana area.
7. Playa Magallanes: This “secret” beach is located in Bayahibe and is the favorite beach of most of the foreigners who live in Bayahibe. It is a true hidden gem as it offers exceptional snorkeling right off the beach. When visiting, be sure to bring your snorkeling gear and look for the natural little sandy path to enter the water in order to avoid the rocky area.
No matter what type of beach experience you’re looking for, the Dominican Republic has something to offer. From lively beach towns to secluded spots, the country is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean.
See some of the great properties for sale in Punta Cana, Dominicus and Bayahibe here.